Is your child struggling? Have you tried to help but are at a loss of what to do next?
Don’t worry, you are not alone. Allow us to assist you with your child’s struggles.
Counseling helps children and adolescents in a variety of ways. They receive emotional support, resolve conflicts with people, understand feelings and problems, and try out new solutions to old problems. Goals for counseling may be specific (change in behavior, improved relations with friends or family), or more general (less anxiety, better self-esteem). The length of counseling depends on the complexity and severity of problems.
Parents Guide to Childhood and Adolescent Counseling
Parents should ask the following questions about counseling:
- Why is counseling being recommended?
- What results can I expect?
- How long will my child be involved in counseling?
- How frequently will the counselor see my child?
- Will the counselor be meeting with just my child or with the entire family?
- How much do counseling sessions cost?
- How will we (the parents) be informed about our child's progress and how can we help?
- How soon can we expect to see some changes?
SEEKING COUNSELING CAN SHORTEN A DEPRESSION EPISODE BY UP TO 50%
MARRIAGE COUNSELING IMPROVES RELATIONAL SKILLS IN 93% OF COUPLES
MEDICATION COMPLIANCE IMPROVES BY 82% IF IN COUNSELING
Have questions? Ready to get started?
Help your child express emotions, learn coping skills, and improve behavior in this fast paced ever changing society.